– Full Course Title: BSc (Hon) Observational Astronomy
– Campus: Glyntaff
– Year of Study (13/14) : 3rd
– Hometown: Dietzenbach (Germany)
– Sum yourself up in one sentence: I am a curious science student reaching for the stars
– Future Career Aspirations: Becoming a professor of astronomy and continuing doing original research.
– Likes: Sunshine, animals, board-games, movies, traveling, theater and drama
– Dislikes: Icy sidewalks, spiders, people using text speech in actual conversations
– Favourite Quote: Space is big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely,mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist’s, but that’s just peanuts to space. (Douglass Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)
I was born in Germany but have been living in the UK for several years now. If I had to pick what I miss most about home it would next to missing my three dogs it would generally be food items that you can’t get over here. I greatly enjoy my course and have been a course representative for two years now. Outside of lectures I am the secretary of the games society. Quite recently I developed a minor obsession with Dr. Who, which best of all they do film in Cardiff.
5 unusual things you didn’t know about me
- I once flew a glider
- I shook hands with the Duke of York
- I saw the northern lights in Iceland
- I can’t not fall asleep on a plane
- Meeting Stephen Fry is on my bucket list